Thursday 17 February 2011

Group Critique- 10th February

In the critique, it was discussed that I should look into what it was I wanted to present in the gallery space, (i.e) the darkroom developments or the window series showing the same image repeated, but presented differently.

I found myself torn between the two, as far as the imagery went, there wasn't much correlation and I didn't want it to turn into just a bundle of works.

I then went on to present the thesis that maybe they could work together? One of my favourite darkroom experiments (the landscape which I created through 'negative joinery') has a repetition and a frame theme running through it which relates back to the window series. I think that by presenting a combination of these works together, it will now portray quite an interesting idea.

From here, I want to explore the idea of scale of the negative image, in the hope that as a larger scaled image, the impact of the black may become more atmospheric and moody. One of the things I fear may be lost by translating the image on to a larger scale is that the image is representational of the size of the actual negative, something that is not usually developed and is delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment