Thursday 17 February 2011

Individual Tutorial- 27th Jan

During the tutorial, it was discussed that I should look into different ways in which to present my ideas.

I decided to explore the idea of combining my imagery with found objects which relate to the image, and encourage the viewer to understand what the image is representing. I really like the idea of combining something 2D with reality and a physical object. For example, I'm thinking of presenting my photograph of the scattered shoes on the staircase with rugs / prayer mats to further emphasise the religious significance of the image and to help explain this to the viewer.

Another aspect of presentation to consider is the name of the image. Do I use something descriptive to help guide the viewer to understand the image, or do I throw the viewer off course? This is something I feel I need to consider over time, and even test out different names amongst my peers to see which works best.

The tutorial was also a chance for me to show my darkroom experiments and to receive critical feedback. Due to technical limitations and time constraints, it wouldn't be viable for me to continue working with manual photography. A way around this would be to experiment digitally and work in programs such as 'Photoshop' where these effects could be achieved and manipulated, although I am more interested in the romance of manually photography, its processes and its spontaneous effects and accidents. Since there is such a vast amount of experiments, it was suggested that I should look at editing them down, and selecting the images I found most interesting for the group critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment