Wednesday 9 March 2011

Business Card Magnets

In preperation for the exhibition I began thinking about ways to try and engage the public, to gain connections and how to publisise myself further. The obvious option was to create business cards which could be distributed during the running of the exhibition. I began thinking about how I could make this card different and appealing and decided to print the card onto magnetic photo paper, in the hope that instead of being discarded or thrown in a drawer somewhere, people may decide to display this card on their fridge or someother magnetic surface.

I now need to decide what image will be printed on the card. I have played around with the idea of using a variety of my photographic work. I hope this will turn the conventionally mundane card into something desirable, even collectable.

Initially I felt that by using one strong image would have more impact, for example just using the 'Through the Window' image due to its repetition in the exhibition, therefore building up an awareness to the public who I am and what my work is. I now feel the use of different imagery would utilise a great opportunity to show more work in a subtle and effective way- I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment