Wednesday 9 March 2011

Webshite

In making the business cards I realised that my email address was inappropriate, and felt that using my student email wouldn't be that much better either, so instead of chosing to make a new email account, I bought myself a web domain name and hosting.

In hindsight I didn't quite anticipate how difficult it would actually be to build my own website.

I played around in different website building software such as iWeb and also looked at Wix but felt that I was limited to what I could do and found that the layouts had already been pretty much finished.

I've decided to make a go of it in Adobe Dreamweaver but finiding it incredibly difficult and am constantly referring to tutorials on youtube and other sites. Ive at last managed to get it off of the holding page, but the issue seems to be that I want a image as the background, and due to different screen sizes it affects the size of the image, so its constantly changing. This is something I need to look at and maybe have to look into another way of doing it.

More coming soon on www.lucywestall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment