Tuesday 22 March 2011

Business Card Magnets

I began working in Pages but found the formatting on the images and text boxes really constricting- as well as annoying. I have now moved into a more appropriate program (Photoshop) and it's going much better.

I didn't anticipate the different aspects of designing the cards and how time consuming it really is. The smallest detail matters. I've decided to fit 18 images per page (A4) which does mean the cards will be small, but is more economically viable.

I m currently exploring the positioning of text, whether its all horizontal, vertical or even diagonal. I was unhappy with my previous attempt and felt that the font, colour and size of text was all wrong. I found that by just taking the hyperlink off of the text how much more professional it looked. I have decided to use 'Hoefler Text' font because I like the 'W' and felt that it stood out. As all my images are different I felt that I should keep the text the same throughout in order to keep some consistency.

I have been researching how professional artists/ photographers have done their business cards and came across this really interesting site:
http://content.photojojo.com/tips/12-awesome-photography-business-card-ideas/



Some test sheets that I wanted to try out first. The second image is the most recent with a few changes to the images which I felt were the weakest.

No comments:

Post a Comment