Sunday 27 March 2011

Plastic Bag


I found this beautiful short on youtube. I love the idea of an inanimate object becoming animated and having its own narrative. The idea of a plastic bag, an everyday item which we are constantly in contact with, whether it be to carry our shopping, to sit on when the ground is wet, or lying wastefully in the environment.

You are taken on a journey of life as a plastic bag. The use of  an emotion such as love, encourages you to emphasise with the bag, which of course sounds ridiculous, but I couldn't help but find myself rooting for the bag to find his 'maker'. It reminded me slightly of the works mentioned earlier by Jamie Isenstein who also plays with the inanimate becoming animated.

I just love the simplicity of the subject, and how its manipulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment