Thursday 24 March 2011

Summative Assessment 2

I felt the assessment went quite well. I seemed to have a different approach to others, in that I hadn't decided to use a powerpoint presentation method. Maybe this is something to look into for further assessments, to display more clarity and to keep as a personal record.

It was the first time in showing the group my book I had published, which seemed to go down quite well. As the book was intended as a 'try out' maybe this is something to explore further. I feel that the size of the book could be reduced to maybe A5 and intend to create another displaying my photographic collections of objects such as chairs, signs and surfaces.

One thing I need to consider is the placement of the book and possible t-shirts in the exhibition. I have thought about using invisible bookshelves and will explore combining this with the pieces I am showing in the exhibition, exploring different layouts in my studio space and peer group responses.

I am currently exploring a range of ways for the business cards to be displayed, whether its simply on the floor, or on a magnetic surface.

One of the options could be to create a mini installation using an old disused fridge, which would fit in with the theme of my work, although getting hold of one and disposing of it afterwards may be a problem.

I found this magnetic chalkboard in ikea. I like the idea of it. I was thinking of creating something similar myself so that it could store the books, although it may prove a problem as it may detract attention away from my work.









The use of a slim magnetic strip might be more appropriate, as it would display the cards neatly, whilst not detracting as much attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment