Saturday 1 January 2011

Andy Holden


Holden displayed a series of six sound pieces, some accompanied with film or other visual elements titled 'Three short works in time.' The works purpose was exploring the relationship between sculpture and a duration in time.

I don't know what it was but I just didn't get the work- as controversial it may seem! I couldn't understand the correlation between shots of a sculpture, ducks, and then a what appeared to be a BBQ? It all went a bit over my head and I felt it was all a bit random. 

To me the most joy occurred when the the marbles kept accidently dropping on the floor, creating some really interesting acoustics in my opinion. Also the orchester were amazing and made me leave feeling I wish I had stuck at learning the piano.

In my opinion I prefer Holden's sculptural work more. Maybe because I get it? To me its visually interesting. Or maybe Holden explored the duration of time a bit longer than he should have?

No comments:

Post a Comment