Wednesday 5 January 2011

Formative Assessment- October 28th

I found that I was really interested in the idea of found objects as well as  my photography so it was suggested that I maybe combine the two.

I had previously made box frames out of found pieces of wood and had made canvases to fit inside them, which I had tried out experiments on. I felt that these experiments didn't work and weren’t representing what I had intended.



I went to the Walker Gallery and came across Jost Muenster's 'To The Left' which comprises of mixed media on wood, positioned in a grid like format. The artist plays with the idea of composition. I really liked this idea and the effect it gave.



I removed the canvases and looked at the frames becoming a means to display my photography. I played around with the formation of the box frames, and feel that this works better than the previous canvases.

I intend to look more into the idea of displaying my imagery and look at how other photographers have done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment