Wednesday 5 January 2011

Walker Gallery- Michael Miller

Michael Miller's 'Suspended Animation' I thought was quite interesting. From afar it appears to be a large black smudge. It reminded me of laminating that had gone wrong, a giant finger print, or when paint bubbles and drips.

To me the piece displays movement. The artist has used a black gloss, maybe to make the paint seem still wet, so its as though you, the viewer, are at that moment watching the paint drip down.

I really enjoyed the surface textures within the piece, as this is something I have a keen interest in. It reminded me slightly of my work in the way the artist had captured a paint drip which many people would disregard, or even think it unsightly, and had chosen to display it as a work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment