Friday 14 January 2011

LJMU Freelance Event- 12th Jan

At first i was a little reluctant to attend the freelance event as at the moment I plan to go into teaching, so felt that the event wouldn't be very beneficial to me.

I found it really interesting listening to the guest speakers and hearing back their experiences and tips of how to get your work out into the public, as well as how to approach companies etc as a freelance artist. It became clear that this advice was invaluable and could be applied to my current module 2003 in the way of trying to get your own work into a gallery.

One thing which I plan to look at doing from the meeting, is create my own website. It was suggested that by having a website, it makes it easy for you to be contacted, as well as a way for galleries, employers, the general public to view your work. This is something I plan to look into further over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment