Sunday 16 January 2011

Anna Barriball

Anna Barriball uses old found photos and then manipulates them. She uses soap and ink to blow bubbles on the photographs creating some really interesting effects.

I fell in love with an image of two people standing together, Barriball had then blown a ink bubble around their heads, reminiscent to me of astronauts or aliens. I really liked the idea of playful manipulation and making an image appear in a different way. 

The images below are from old family negatives. I played around with the developer to create the effects. The first image is on slightly fogged paper, but I felt this gave the image a sort of sepia look. I smeared, splashed and painted with the developer exploring the different effects that could be created.



This is something I want to play around and explore further.

No comments:

Post a Comment